God is faithful (2 TIMOTHY 2:1-13)
One thing that gives me the confidence and assurance to continue to follow God and hold unto him is that He is ever faithful. On this beautiful sunday morning I remind myself once again of the faithfulness of God. To be faithful means to be trust worthy. It means that the God I serve is not a joker, a cheat or an unserious person. If He says a word, He will make it come to pass. In my relationship with God I can boldly accuse myself as the faithless and unfaithful one. I easily leave God to pursue my personal desires which may not be in line with what God wishes for me.
This day is about renewal of my faith and trust in God. Since God is faithful I must rise up, hold unto Him and trust Him above every other thing. My life, work, vocation, business, health, family, travel, study and so on are safe in His hands. He will always be with me to protect me.
The faithfulness of God reminds me also to work on myself so that I will remain faithful to Him and not disown him when the trials of life assail me. The steadfastness of the Lord never ceases His mercy never comes to an end... They are new every morning, new every morning, great is thy faithfulness oh Lord, great is thy faithfulness.
Let us pray: Oh faithful God give me the grace to trust you wholeheartedly and to know that with you by myside I need nothing else. Amen.
A. I. E
